As of Saturday 4th July you can eat in at any of our 22 cafés – it feels so great to throw those doors wide and welcome you in.
There’s no need to book (in fact we don’t take bookings) so just swing on by and we’ll find you a table.
You can still get your choice of Boston food and drink to go as we continue to run our takeaway and Click & Collect options alongside our eat in re-opening.
This blog will take you through a few of the new measures we’ve put in place to prioritise the safety of you and our teams, as well as some frequently asked questions.
Safety is our Priority
It’s important to say we put the safety of our team and customers above everything else. We’re following all government guidance on being Covid-safe, plus a few of our own measures on top. Here’s a little video detailing the changes you can expect
- Washing hands thoroughly every 20 minutes
- Cleaning down all touchpoints every 20 minutes
- Making sanitiser accessible to teams and customers in key places
- Installing a brand new order and pay at table system meaning less of a queue and less movement around the cafés (see how it works below)
- Arrows and clearly marked collection points to help guide you around the café
- Ensuring all team members working have completed a health assessment, travel to work as safely as possible and change into clean uniform in a designated changing station
- Serving ‘Contactless Coffee’ (see below)
- Encouraging contactless payment
How does ‘Order & Pay at Table’ work?
1. Grab yourself a table
2. Find the pink instruction card on your table
3. Scan the QR code by holding your phone’s camera over it, or enter the website address on the card
4. Browse the online menu and place your order
5. We’ll do the rest
Feel free to ask any of the team if you have any questions.
How does ‘Contactless Coffee’ work?
We knew we had to stick to our principles of reusable cups only for takeaway. To make this safe we’ve created a ‘Contactless Coffee’ system.
1. Order your drink via Click & Collect OR drop by the café and order your takeaway.
2. You bring your cup (nice and clean please!)
3. You pop it in the allotted spot (the team will point it out), keep your lid
5. Our barista will pour your desired coffee or hot drink in without touching the cup, and step away
5. You pop the lid on and take it away
How to: Click & Collect
1. Browse our online menu here
2. Choose which café you want to pick up from
3. Place your order (get excited at this point)
4. Select your desired pick up time
5. Swing by to collect your order keeping a safe distance.
P.S. If you’ve ordered a hot drink, please bring your reusable cup with you or select the loan cup option on the website. We’ll make it for you when you arrive using our ‘Contactless Coffee’ method! See below for details.
Now you’re open, can I expect the full Boston menu?
To begin with we’re reducing the menu slightly. Most of your Boston faves will still be on there but we’re working with fewer people in the kitchen to keep our space safe, so it’s only fair to reduce the amount of dishes they need to prepare!
Can I book a table?
Each Boston is individual (we like them that way) so each has its own layout and restrictions with the measures in place. The best thing to do if you want to book is phone your local Boston and check in with the team there, they’ll let you know if they’re taking bookings.
What are your opening hours?
They vary slightly between cafés, so check your local Boston’s opening times here